Dick offers clients more than 20 years of C-Suite leadership development consulting. He was certified as an Executive Coach by the International Coach Federation (ICF). Then in 2023 he was certified as a Master Coach by Marshall Goldsmith Stakeholder Centered Coaching. He has completed 120 coaching engagements lasting 3 to 18 months in duration. As an organizational development strategist, he knows how to build on mission, vision, and values to address strategy, structure, and staffing. As an executive coach, graduate school educator, and a nationally awarded author, he is a proven resource to shape a results-focused leadership culture aligned with the business outcomes and values that uniquely profile each organization.
Dr. Daniels led a CEO Roundtable in Minneapolis meeting monthly for four years. Then he founded The Leadership Development Group in 2008 for organizational consulting, leadership training, and executive coaching. As part of the work at LDG he launched and hosts the Linkedin Group of 130,000 global leadership practitioners called: The Leadership Development Group on Linkedin. Dick has also served as an Adjunct Professor in master's and doctoral degree programs in four universities.
Dick is an active and nationally awarded author, his books include...
(1) Leadership Briefs: Shaping Organizational Culture to Stretch Leadership Capacity (nationally awarded).
(2) Leadership Core: Character, Competence, Capacity (nationally awarded).
(3) Hardwiring New Leadership Habits: The ultimate guide to help you create the employee investment your company needs for long-term success!
(4) Dick also has a chapter, Leadership Musings, in the 2018 Building Bridges series from the International Leadership Association: Leadership and Power in International Development: Navigating the Intersections of Gender, Context, and Sustainability. This volume was awarded the 2019 R. Wayne Pace Human Resource Development Book of the Year by the Academy of Human Resource Development.
(5) Dick has also written three children’s books in the Oak Street Treehouse trilogy.
Dr. Daniels graduate work focused on adult development. He is certified and/or experienced in several assessment tools and leadership processes including: Hogan, DiSC, StrengthsFinder, EQ, Five Dysfunctions of a Team, and Creating Leadership Development Programs (ATD). He also completed the Association for Talent Development's certification for Group Facilitation Skills (2019). Dick is a frequent presenter and panelist at national conferences on leadership and organizational development with The Association for Talent Development, International Coaching Federation, and the Society for Human Resource Development (HR Florida).
StrengthsFinder: Futuristic, Strategic, Maximizer, Activator, and Includer
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator: ENTJ